Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Web roundup

What's ruffling feathers, provoking thought, and making me pause this week:

relationships :: The 6th of June was the anniversary of when John Piper and his wife first met. At the Desiring God blog, John Piper shares the poem that he wrote for Noel on their 40th anniversary. It's really beautiful.

culture :: Apparently Christianity Today not only reviewed the Sex and the City movie, they also recommended it. Ted Slater of Boundless asks them: "What part of 'flee sexual immorality' didn't you understand?". Way to go, Ted!

biblical living :: Encouragement that young men and women of this generation are embracing the pattern of Biblical manhood and womanhood.

grace :: "The heart of my issue is that I am not accepting the fact that the blood of Jesus was sufficient to cover all of my sin, and when the guilt I feel over my sin paralyzes me, it is certainly not from Him. It is buying into the lie that the sacrifice Christ made was not enough." Good thoughts on grace from Ashley Wolpert at the Relevant Blog.

discipline :: Until this week, I didn't know Randy Alcorn had a blog. There's a super post about planned neglect: Saying no to good things so we can say yes to the best. This is a powerful principle that I definitely need to learn more about.

Anything super you've found on the web this week that needs sharing? Engage here.

----------

conversations:

Bethany -- so glad you were encouraged. It's sometimes scary to go out on a limb but I think that, as Christians, we need to be transparent (with discretion) about our own failings that we can better show His goodness. For where sin abounded, grace did that much more abound.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for the completed editing!!! :) Yay!! So how much closer is the book to being published?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...