Monday, February 14, 2011

Daybook #6

Outside my window it's been bright, blue, and sunny all day, with a bit of breeze as respite from the February heat.

I have been listening to Brooke Fraser's Flags. I *finally* bought the album and have only just heard bits of it but I'm sure I'll love it. I mean, it's Brooke.

I have been wearing denim and sailor stripes.

I am thankful that uni has started for another year. Learning! Books! Writing! Excuses to read lots and lots of children's stories!

I am pondering Valentine's Day and what it means for different people.

I am reading Darius Bell and the Glitter Pool. If the title is not enough to pull you in, it's by Odo Hirsch, you know.

I am thinking about Tom Hanks' youthful demeanour (Sleepless in Seattle is on, okay?).

I am creating mess -- constantly, it would seem.

I am hoping and praying that I will learn to find the roots of my identity in the unchanging reality of who I am in God, instead of basing it on what I do, or how people see me, or what I fail to do.

One of my favourite things is finding little facebook messages from my excellent cousins.

A picture-thought I'm sharing is from an art lesson with little brother on Friday. The theme of our exercise was 'calm'; the one brush in each hand thing was his idea. Ambidextrous art!

* * * * *

Conversations:

Carla -- I did indeed, Carla-girl :D.

Bette -- I want to be hugged by you within an inch of my life!

Asea -- I will even go so far as to be your fairy godmother!!

Samantha R. -- :D

3 comments:

  1. Back at uni already! What sort of subjects are you doing this year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ambidextrous art; love it! :)
    Yay for Uni starting up again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Children's books are so lovely to read! What courses are you doing this term?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...