Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Peace on the inside:

Today's mail brought with it that all-too-rare treat: a beautiful, handwritten letter from a lovely friend (if you're passing by my little home in webland, RMB, thank you). On the back of the envelope, she had written, in immaculate cursive, a prayer from Theresa of Avila. It was just right, and so I share it here in the hope that it may be right for one of you, too.

May you trust God that you were exactly where you were meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love has been given to you...
May you be content knowing you are a child of God.


* * * * *

Conversations:

Laura Elizabeth -- I like your spirit! It's our meme, so we get to decide whether we will post or not :D. Oh, wow, yes! Definitely give Freestyle another go. You do indeed deserve to be wowed.

Samantha -- thunderstorms definitely fit my picture of Spring, too.

5 comments:

  1. It's totally right.

    The past tense of the first line plus the present continuous of the last...

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a beautiful prayer. I'm going to copy it and put it on the fridge. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I have discovered that prayers by old saint type people are so beautiful in their simplicity. I get so caught up in finding the right, perfect words that I forget that the simple ones are sometimes the best ones. I really want to find a good St Francis one for animals. I just gotta start googling :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being content with the knowledge that I am a child of God. Wow.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...