Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Encouragement for those 'there in love and longing'

This could have been written for the single heart...

Thou hast not that, My child, but thou hast Me,
And am I not alone enough for thee?
I know it all, know how thy heart was set
Upon this joy which is not given yet.

And well I know how through the wistful days
Thou walkest all the dear familiar ways,
As unregarded as a breath of air,
But there in love and longing, always there.

I know it all; but from thy brier shall blow
A rose for others. If it were not so
I would have told thee. Come, then, say to Me,
My Lord, my Love, I am content with Thee.
Amy Carmichael, Rose from Brier
----------
conversations:
Caitlin -- I am so glad to have a comrade-in-arms! Yes, driving is horrid. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Danielle, and it could have been written exactly for me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...