Friday, January 23, 2009

Cuisinspiration

Summer foods enjoyed today:

[feta and potato cakes]
This basis for this recipe came from Bill Granger's Sydney Food, which is delicious for the pictures alone, even if one never made anything from it. But today I tried these potato cakes, and they were awesome. Peel and grate half a kilo of potatoes, and finely dice an onion. Let excess liquid drain in a colander for ten minutes, then mix with salt and pepper, finely chopped mint leaves, two eggs, and a quarter of a cup of plain flour. Shallow-fry until both sides are nicely browned. I had mine with an egg and lemon lime and bitters. So good.
[I made this up; what shall I call it?]
For a snack, I made these healthy yogurt, er, parfaits for the munchkin brother and myself. Organic natural yogurt layered with sliced banana, pure maple syrup, and crushed peanuts. Very summery and very yummy -- and it would work for breakfast, too.
----------
conversations:
.
Amanda -- Andrew Murray is great :). I hope you're having a lovely week, too!
.
Meaghan -- I haven't forgotten! I'm currently re-working some pieces of the novel... but maybe I should send you some anyway and you could give me tips for improvement? I don't know; suddenly I'm shy! :)
.
Beth -- good travel writing is pure deliciousness. That book sounds awesome!
.
Catherine -- so lovely to "meet" you ;). Please drop by again! I've never read The Tenant of Wildfell Fall but I really must. Do you recommend it?

2 comments:

  1. Those potato cakes look good - have agreat long weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm! Looks delicious! :9

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...