Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Unshakeable

I have nothing to say about Japan that hasn't already been said.

We all know what happened and we know what it is like to grieve and feel helpless. We've all seen the pictures, felt our heartbeats quicken, and still wondered that in spite of it all, we can't quite believe it. We know what it is to feel this survivor guilt, to be ashamed that our days continue on as if nothing happened, as if the earth and sea didn't just combine to dance wildly and furiously over thousands of other peoples' lives. We know the sense of disgust and horror as those unaffected by the horror rush forward to lay blame or push propaganda out there into the wake of fear. We know what it is to have no words except a repeated calling out of God's name. We know how to help, financially. We know how to pray. And we know that this planet is a scary place right now.

So when someone posted Owl City's cover of In Christ Alone on tumblr, I clung to it, and I'm sharing it with you right now in case you, too, need a reminder that there's Something to cling to that nothing can wash away.

No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From a life’s first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny

No power of hell, no scheme of man
Could ever pluck me from His hand
Til He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I stand

I will stand, I will stand
All other ground is sinking sand
All other ground, all other ground
Is sinking sand, is sinking sand
So I stand


* * * * *

Conversations:

Sandie T -- it's the bayside region south of Brisbane :).

BushMaid -- yes, I love my Canon! It's a 1000D.

Samantha R -- so true; beauty is everywhere.

Jessica -- sprung! I totally cheated; a caption explaining there will be no captions!

Anonymous1 -- thanks!

Anonymous2 -- and thanks to you, too :)

Mitanika -- it's always a pleasure to help you procrastinate, most excellent friend.

Katie -- thanks so much! We had fun making pictures :).

Asea -- I was so happy to capture the dragonfly. I've been trying since I first got my camera :). And I know what you mean entirely about the novelty of it being opposite seasons on different sides of the world. It never fails to amuse me :).


5 comments:

  1. Great post.
    "When shadows fall on us, we will not fear, we will remember, when darkness falls on us, we will not fear, we will remember, when all seems lost and when we're thrown and we're tossed, we will remember the cost, we're resting in the shadow of the cross."

    DCB 'Shadows'

    Cheers,
    Lachlan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this, Danielle. I couldn't find the words. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Danielle. They are beautiful words of hope.
    Amanda
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'In Christ Alone' is the most beautiful, encouraging hymn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is my very favourite hymn. I accidentally ended up at a worship service where one of the writers of that song was performing the song with his wife. Best gate crashing of a church service EVER!!

    I'll have to check out the other version.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...