Saturday, October 1, 2011

Saturday Inspiration #5



This is some of the best advice I've ever heard on the topic of growing as a creative worker. It's also delivered by my favourite journalist ever, Ira Glass. I've come across the quote numerous times, and it's like a helpful punch in the stomach every time. This audio-visual rendering is doubly excellent -- Ira Glass's cool nerd voice, and pretty type. I'm so happy I get to see this guy in person on January 12th!

* * * * *

Conversations:

Samantha R -- agreed. I've seen pictures of your dog and I actually think she's pretty cute. Plus, she's 'Australian', so I feel an instant bond with her ;).

Mothercare -- I suspected it was older, but I wasn't entirely sure. (your comment disappeared!)

Bethany -- oh YES. That's incredibly frustrating! Honestly, that should have been on my list!

3 comments:

  1. Ira Glass!! I love his voice so much too, he's so adorable! PS You, me and Ira on Jan 12th (... and our mums!). Gonna be fun for sure :)

    I love this piece of advice. VERY TRUE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes listen to Ira Glass. Such words of wisdom. oh, and listen to you mum as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reminding me of this! Another friend linked me to it a little while ago and I loved it but I really do need to pay more attention to it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...