Friday, August 30, 2013

A baby and a legend:





I hope I don't ever get to be so grown up that I lose the thrill of seeing my little words in print. At this point, I'm far from such a level of maturity because when today's mail brought with it the September issue of The School Magazine's Touchdown, I was verging on the edge of delirious. What joy to flip to page 20 and find out that my short story, Remember, had been illustrated by Premier's Literary Award and CBCA Award-winning picture book creator, Aaron Blabey.

As a baby in this business of telling stories, it's such a thrill to see something I've written interpreted into pictures by a genuine professional creative dude who does this stuff for a living -- and does it beautifully. I'm really honoured.

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations, oh famous sister of mine! (Is there any way of getting hold of a copy?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, not easy to purchase individual issues. (http://theschoolmagazine.com.au/subscribe) I'll have to share my copy with you.

      Delete
  2. This is awesome. YOU ARE SO FAMOUS!!! Can I have your autograph?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just brilliant Danielle!! Congratulations :) That must be so exciting to see your own words in print!!

    (And may I just say I'm a little bit thrilled about your few recent blog posts! I love your blog, and it's lovely to have you back after a little break, and to have more Danielle to read...) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment put a massive smile on my face, Elizabeth. xx

      Delete
  4. That is SO exciting about your story!!!!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...