It's this little blog's sixth birthday! To celebrate, I want to thank you all for reading along. And what better way to honour readers than with a book giveaway? (EEEK BOOKS!!) I've selected a handful of my favourite books, with an eye to including something for everyone, and the winner of this giveaway will get to choose two of these books to be delivered straight to their door. Yippee!
I've chosen a mix of non-fiction and fiction, with books ranging from middle-grade to adult. Three of the books are by Australian authors. One is autobiographical. Four deal in some way with World War II or its fallout. One is a short story collection. All of them are books that have impacted my life, my thinking, or my love of words in some way. I hope that, if you win, the books you choose will do the same for you.
Check them out here, mull over which two you'd pick if you win, order the other six for yourself or get them in from your library, because they're great.
The Giver by Lois Lowry
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows
Seven Little Australians by Ethel Turner
Going Solo by Roald Dahl
Pennies for Hitler by Jackie French
Stasiland: Stories from Behind the Berlin Wall by Anna Funder
A Good Man is Hard to Find by Flannery O'Connor
Wonder by RJ Palacio
Here's how to enter:
- Be following this blog, and leave a comment on this post (include your email address, written something like blogreader at gmail dot com).
- Be following my tumblr account, and reblog this post.
- Be following my instagram account, and regram this picture.
- Do all three (and this will gain you three entries into the competition).
2. There must be a way for me to contact you if you win, in order to be able to send you your books! So if you leave a comment here, include your email address. If you reblog on tumblr, turn your ask box on. If you regram on instagram, have your profile on public and be sure to tag me (@halfdesertedstreets) so I can see that you've entered.
3. Entries close 26th May! I'll contact the winner on the 27th (or thereabouts).
- I live overseas. Can I enter? Yes, you absolutely can!
- Why do I have to be following your blog/tumblr/instagram? Because this giveaway is a reward for people who have stuck around with me for a while -- whether a short while or a long while. It's okay if you only started following when you heard about the giveaway (after all, the more the merrier!) but this is a reward to readers.
- Some of your books look different to the ones you're giving away. Why? I've taken pictures of the books I own, but the editions you'll be receiving if you win are brand new ones, and may have a different cover design. Also the spine won't be creased, nor will the pages be lovingly dog-eared.