Friday, April 24, 2009

Flashback Friday :: little-girl grandmother



The little girl in this picture -- the one fourth from the left, sitting down with her long bare legs dangling from the bench and her sun-hat sitting back on her head -- is my grandmother, Shirley Jean. To her left is her grandmother, Nana Kearns, and on the other side of Nana Kearns is my grandmother's sister, June (also with sun-hat). On the back, in possibly-eight-year-old's handwriting, is a list of the people in the picture.

I love how this image gives me a glimpse into Ma's Australian childhood. And I love that she decided to send the picture to me, for safekeeping.

2 comments:

  1. How lovely to have such a piece of your heritage. I loved looking the photo and figuring which one was your grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Danielle,
    I just received my letter from you this afternoon. Thank you so much. I was very excited and it made my day.
    Sending you heaps of love and hugs,
    Tegan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...