Friday, December 24, 2010

One hundred joys {minus fifty}

Here we are. It's Christmas eve and the air is thick with warmth. There's a trail of wrapping paper throughout the house and a tiramisu trifle, covered, in the fridge. The postman has delivered his last load of mail for four whole days in a row (what will we dooo?) -- all is calm, all is bright (and sort of grey with hovering clouds). However: in the pre-family-returning whirlwind, I did not get to finish sharing one hundred joys. In fact, I got only halfway there.

On the phone this morning, my sister blithely suggested I complete the project simply by typing fifty repetitions of her name, and she wouldn't be far wrong because she is definitely one of the HUGE joys in my life. But I'm content simply to let the project softly fade and to say that my life has more than a hundred joys in it -- more like millions. At the top of the list is the fellowship with God made possible through Jesus -- the man who began life on earth as the tiny baby whose birthday we're all partying at tomorrow. And just below that is the people He's surrounded me with. And among that list I count you all. You're definitely listed in the joys of my life. So thank you for being there, for reading, for commenting, for inspiring me, for sharing, and for actually taking notice. Each of you -- even those who read secretly and have never dared leave a comment -- are important to me. I wish you joy.

And I wish you a very merry Christmas. My wish is that you will know and understand the message of the season, that you will not suffer from unmet expectations and family dramas, and that the quirks and challenges of the most wonderful time of the year (which sometimes isn't) will roll off your shoulders or just plain make you smile. Please know that you are loved. It's something we all need to be reminded of -- and often.

PS. I'll be taking a wee blogging break for the next week, but hope to be back on New Year's eve with contemplations on what 2010 was and what 2011 might be.

* * * * *

Conversations:

Simplythis -- you nailed it! The giver of the Indie Rock Colouring Book and the giver of Mockingjay are one and the same, the excellent Hayley!

Samantha R -- I'll have to share the recipe for the coconut-crusted chicken. It's amazing!

Caitlin -- no, A&S aren't up here this year, but I hear all about my small peoples' lives by telephone.

Rebecca Simon -- and I send Queensland love back to you! I hope you're "simply having a wonderful Christmastime", and loving NSW as well!

Margaret -- Christmas love to you! Thank you for your comment :).

5 comments:

  1. Those are some lovely photos of Christmas lights!

    I hope you have an utterly fantastic Christmas and a lovely time with your friends and family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Christmas blessings to you and yours Danielle! Enjoy the memories and celebrations xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, what an utterly lovely and chummy and warming wish for us all! Thank you so much! :-D

    I am mailing your Christmas card from Austria on Tuesday, so it probably won't get to you until like February. Still, there's a bit of Christmas still to look forward to! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, please do share the recipe! :)
    I look forward to your review on 2010 and what 2011 will hold.
    I wish you JOY, Peace and Love!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...