Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Girls just wanna have fun:





I'm back from my days of fun and frivolity with my goddaughters, and so thankful to have had some special extended time to tie strings and make memories.

The solo road trip was the least fun part of the adventure (yes, I know I now like driving a little bit and I know I'm starting to understand maps a little bit, but still... it would have been more fun with a fellow road tripper) -- but the rest was just a whole lot of serious playtime. We read and swam and played Just Dance on the Wii. We did crafts and wrote poems and had entire conversations in British, Italian, and American accents. We cared for numerous dogs and chickens and horses and fish. I was hugged to within an inch of my life and pleaded with to tell made-up stories (enter Jonny Bignose and Sally Spaghetti Bolognaise). And I was called DeeDee Girl and told every day that my laugh is so funny and sweet.

Well, Annie and Marie, so are you.

* * * * *

Conversations:

Katie -- thank you, I did!

Rebecca -- here's the first batch of pics. I might trickle a few more in over at my tumblr.

Samantha R -- thank you. It was fun!

Janellehardy -- You're probably right! It doesn't look as though there's sixteen years difference between Emma and Mr. Knightley. Probably more like eight to ten. Yes! I will email you with New Church Adventures when I have had a few more of such.

4 comments:

  1. How LOVELY! It sounds like you had a wonderful time, DeeDee Girl. :) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, this made me smile BIG! Those girls are hilarious and I bet bet bet it was a wonderful week! :) PS. I want to hug you to within an inch of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, ooh, ooh, will you please be MY godmother and come babysit me? PLEASE?

    (It looks like SO much fun!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And indeed, it was FUN!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...