"I'm free! I'm free!" the man shouted.
A little boy standing on the corner looked at him scornfully. "That's nothing," the boy said. "I'm four."
So, I know that it's "nothing", but this little blog is free -- ahem, three -- today, and I thought I'd take a little trip down memory lane, a look back on the bloggy adventures which have been the most conversational/most interesting/most bothersome to the rest of you all. Behold, the top ten most commented-upon posts here:
1) It's a blog party! This post, from August 2009, comes in at the highest-commented here in Danielle's Little Blogland. And all because I used the emotional blackmail that was the occasion of my twenty-ninth birthday to force you all into commenting. You made me grin.
2) A very long-winded way to say: I'm thankful Now this is more apropos. This post, from January this year, was me talking about how very appreciative I am of the true friends in my world -- and I think a lot of you could relate to just how much of a blessing real, genuine, true friends can be.
3) Hey hey it's a Christmas giveaway Who doesn't love free stuff? This post is from November last year. Amy won. (Hi, Amy!).
4) Ding dong, the witch is dead? This post appeared just this week, and it seems you guys had as much to say about the death of Osama bin Laden (and the incongruous rejoicing thereof) as I did.
5) A short story about dolly steps In which I flailed all over the blog about having a short story published and illustrated by a real children's book artist, and in which you guys joined me in doing the happy dance -- proof that you guys know how to 'rejoice when others rejoice'. That was October 2009.
6) Post-it note I asked for updates, and you guys -- very nicely -- answered. In the picture in this post, from June 2009, I look noticeably less chubby than I do now. Rats.
7) Step inside Just last month, I took you on (half) a tour of the new Housie. I still have to show you round some of the other nooks.
8) Mr. & Mrs. Webber When my sister Lauren got married to her love, James, in June last year, you guys were as excited to see pictures as I was to share them.
9) Flashback Friday: the waiting In September 2008, I reminisced about what it was like to be six and a half years old, waiting for the arrival of a new little baby who was surely going to be born in the middle of the night.
10) A decade(ish) of faith and fellowship and flaws In November 2010, the final issue of Whatsoever Magazine, a part of my life for over ten years, was mailed out. It signalled the end of what had been an amazing journey.
BONUS! The trail of carnage: an epic adventure -- which is really just a post full of pictures of gross dead things and my excellent friend Meaghan and I being ridiculous.
Thank you, blog buds and real life people who somehow want to read my words. It's fantastic to know you.
* * * * *
Katie -- yes, I love shuffle! It reminds me how much of my music I haven't even listened to fully. Ridiculous!
Jessica -- Yes, you should definitely try a Daybook-style post at LJ! You'd make it interesting :D.
Samantha R -- Ooh, enjoy Spring! Spring and Autumn are my favourites.
Bek Axe -- We need a cheeseburger date sometime, hey?
Mothercare -- Thank you! :D (Good thoughts re. Osama, too).
Brooke -- So, so true. It's just a messy situation all round.